Tom Mitchell is ODI’s Head of Climate Change. A geographer by training, Tom carried out his doctoral fieldwork on disaster risk management in the Caribbean and has since worked extensively on issues related to the governance and poverty-dimensions of disaster risk and adaptation to climate change. Tom has served as a co-ordinating lead author of the IPCC and is currently a lead author on the IPCC 5th Assessment Report.
Dr. Tom Mitchell is Head of Climate Change at ODI, having previously worked as a Research Fellow at the Institute of Development Studies. He is also a Senior Advisor in the Climate and Development Knowledge Network, in which he oversees the research and knowledge management components. Tom is a serving IPCC WG2 Co-ordinating Lead Author of the Special Report on Extreme Events and Disasters and a Lead Author of the IPCC 5th Assessment Report. His research is focused on climate-related disaster risk management, adaptation finance and the links between climate action and poverty reduction.
Tom Mitchell is an expert on climate change and he has extensive knowledge particularly in disaster risk management, building resilience and adaptation to climate change. Tom has regional expertise from Caribbean and he has appeared in, for example, Reuters, BBC Radio Four and ITV.
- 17 March 2015, Voice of America - http://www.voanews.com4 March 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation (trust.org)
- 13 February 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation (trust.org)5 February 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation (trust.org)
- 29 September 2014, ITV (ITV)22 July 2014, Thomson Reuters Foundation (trust.org)
- 15 May 2014, Thomson Reuters Foundation (trust.org)
- 15 November 2013, BBC Radio Four - Today programme (BBC 4)14 November 2013, El Diario - http://www.eldiario.es/
Latest tweets from @tommitchell_odi
Contact this member of staff