Richard works full time on the Secure Livelihoods Research Consortium, a DFID-funded research programme exploring livelihoods, basic services and social protection in conflict-affected situations.
A geographer by training, Richard supports and contributes to research conducted by the Secure Livelihoods Research Consortium (SLRC). His previous experience includes researching the urban displacement of Internally Displaced Persons in Uganda, working as a reseach assistant for Dr. Andy Sumner at the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), and providing project support to a child poverty campaign based in London. Richard's current work focuses on livelihood trajectories under conflict, state legitimacy and state-building, and effective delivery of basic services in conflict-affected environments.
Richard Mallett has extensive knowledge of the health systems in West Africa and he has commented on the Ebola outbreak in a piece by Global Post.
- 13 July 2015, Devex3 July 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation (trust.org)
- 2 July 2015, Sierra Express Media (sierraexpressmedia.com)2 July 2015, New York Times
- 4 August 2014, The Week Magazine29 July 2014, Global Post
Latest tweets from @rich_mallett
- 20 AugAnd it's hard to know where to begin when your home secretary says: "We must break the link between leaving Africa+other parts of the world”
- 20 AugThe relentless talk about fences, policing, securitisation, route closure (etc.) is getting really, really depressing.
Contact this member of staff