Given the changing nature of development finance and the proliferation of new sources and mechanisms, how can it meet the challenges of a new era?
To set the stage for these debates, ODI is hosting ‘Financing the Future: Fresh perspectives on global development' on 17-18 March in Accra, Ghana, with a global coalition of partners:
- African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)
- The Brookings Institution
- The Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI)
- Centro de Pensamiento Estratégico Internacional (CEPEI)
- Development Finance International (DFI)
- Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
The conference will explore how international public finance can best contribute to accelerating progress in development from 2015, identify specific contributions to the financing for development (FfD) process and influence decision-makers ahead of the Addis Ababa conference on Financing for Development in July 2015.
We now have an impressive array of speakers confirmed:
- Dr Samura Kamara, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Sierra Leone
Ambassador George Talbot, Permanent Representative of Guyana to the UN and co-Chair of the Financing for Development process
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, Corporate Secretary and President’s Special Envoy on post-2015, Special Envoy on post-2015, World Bank Group
- Michael Atingi Ego, Deputy Director, African Department, International Monetary Fund
- Jon Lomøy, Director of the Development Cooperation Directorate, OECD
- Susan Fine, US Agency for International Development Mission Director in Senegal
This high-level influential summit will feature a range of interactive formats and session types to get to the core of the issues that are at the forefront of the FfD and Sustainable Development Goals agendas.
On 19 March, Development Initiatives (DI) and ODI will also be hosting a separate four-hour interactive workshop. During this 'Financing the future: data and evidence' workshop, DI will demonstrates its new Development Data Hub and ODI researchers will share findings from their case studies on how developing countries are managing the new development finance landscape.
Register your interest in attending this conference and/or the workshop.