In fragile states and other challenging situations, the establishment of core functions relating to public financial management (PFM) and service delivery is a critical part of state building and resilience, and is central to most partnerships in development. But how does genuine institutional change take place in fragile and conflict-affected states, and how can it be supported?
As the world considers how to transform the lives of individuals and communities across the globe, this one-day conference will explore how effective reforms can be better delivered in the most difficult contexts by looking at countries where change has taken place. Participants will include country reformers, technical assistants, donor agencies and research institutions.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kenneth Mugambe - Director of Budget, Ministry of Finance, Uganda
- Andrew Lawson - Director, Fiscus Ltd
- Moses Mabior Deu Awuol – Director of Aid Coordination, Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning, South Sudan
- Steven Pierce - Director, Program Staff, Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning, USAID
- Anthony Myers - Director for Budget Policy and Coordination, Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, Liberia
- Kathy Bain - Senior Governance Specialist, World Bank
- Marco Cangiano – former Assistant Director, Fiscal Affairs Department, IMF
For an overview of speakers and sessions please download the agenda below.
The event will be followed by a drinks reception.
Follow #changeinaction for live coverage.