The coming decades are likely to bring increased global turbulence and risk. In this climate of uncertainty, the scope for negative game-changers is high. Risks include an escalation of conflict, insecurity and terrorism and the ever-growing catastrophic effects of climate change. Positive game-changers are also possible, sometimes in response to such risks – including implementation of the global commitment to sustainable development, or a truly inclusive digital revolution.
Horizon-scanning and scenario planning for how risk shapes and affects global development is critical for understanding complexity, building resilience, setting direction and implementing policies. This year, our flagship high-level conference takes forward the theme of building resilient development agencies, focusing on strategies for dealing with risks, challenges, opportunities and trade-offs in a world which is more competitive, less secure and more volatile.
- Laura Frigenti - Director, Italian Agency for Development Cooperation
- Dr. Elke Siehl - Director General, Corporate Development Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Germany
- Jon Lomøy @jon_lomoy - Director General, Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation
- Cyrille Bellier @cyrille_bellier - Deputy Executive Director, Strategy, Partnerships and Communication, Agence Française de Développement (AFD), France
- Noel González Segura - Deputy Director General, Policy Planning and Coordinator, Multilateral Fora, Mexican Agency for International Cooperation for International Development
- Gwen Hines @gwenhinesDFID - Director of International Relations, Department for International Development, United Kingdom
- Yolande Wright - Deputy Director, Conflict, Humanitarian and Security, Department for International Development, UK
- Olivier Ray @Olivierray - Head, Crisis Prevention and Post-Conflict Recovery, Agence Française de Développement, France
- Joe Cerrell @cerrj - Managing Director, Global Policy and Advocacy, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Margareta Drzeniek-Hanouz @MDrzeniek - Head of Global Competitiveness and Risks, World Economic Forum
- Åsa Johansson - Assistant Director, Economics Department, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Chris Tinning - Chief Economist, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
- Michael O’Neill @michaelUNDP - Assistant Secretary-General, Director of External Relations and Advocacy, UN Development Programme
- Shohei Hara - Head, Office for Global Issues and Development Partnership, Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Nancy Lindborg @nancylindborg- President, United States Institute of Peace
For more information, please contact E.Hefer@odi.org.