Emma's geographical areas of expertise includes South Asia and South-East Asia, East Africa and the Caribbean. Before ODI, Emma worked in Bangkok, Thailand for the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), and with the International Federation of the Red Cross/Red Crescent (IFRC) South East Asia Regional Office.
She has extensive experience in managing large international research projects across finance, business development and strategic communications.
- 16 June 2020, Climate & Development Knowledge Network24 May 2019, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 17 April 2019, Voice of America30 August 2017, Huffington Post
- 2 August 2017, Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN)IGNITE stage at the Global Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction,‘Communicating climate science for disaster risk reduction decision-making’24 May 2017, United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) (http://eird.org/)
- 13 December 2016, Thomson Reuters Foundation15 March 2016, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 15 March 2016, Daily Mail