Tiina is an expert on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) practices and methods. She is specialised in impact evaluation approaches and methods, and works also on broader issues around M&E systems.
Tiina joined RAPID in 2012 and is currently working with multiple projects focusing on designing, testing and developing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) practices, methods and frameworks. She is interested in the use and usefulness of M&E data and systems, and how evidence and data can be integrated into organisational learning and decision-making.
Prior to ODI, Tiina’s experience was in civilian crises management, international affairs, project management and strategic planning in NGOs, universities and government agencies from Finland, South Africa and Nepal. She holds an MSc in Sociology from University of Jyväskylä (Finland), and an MSc in Impact Evaluation for International Development from University of East Anglia (UK).
Recent work includes:
• Youth Forward Learning Partnership with Mastercard Foundation, 2014-2021
• How to design M&E framework for policy research projects (2016) Guidance paper. London: ODI.
• Impact Evaluation Methods Lab – an action-learning collaboration between ODI, DFAT and BetterEvaluation, 2012-2015
• Evaluability Assessment for Impact Evaluation (2015) Guidance paper. London: ODI.
• DFAT research uptake study (2014)
- 15 February 2016, Devex28 August 2015, The Guardian
Contact this member of staff