Veronique Barbelet joined the Humanitarian Policy Group as a Research Fellow in September 2013. She has worked for several years in the Humanitarian Policy Unit of the World Food Programme focusing on protection in food assistance. Her background research includes a PhD on humanitarian engagement with armed-non state actors.
Prior to her PhD, Veronique worked with Geneva Call, a Swiss NGO engaging armed groups on humanitarian issues. Veronique has conducted research for her PhD and WFP in Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya and several other places in Africa. Veronique holds a PhD from the Post-war Reconstruction and Development Unit of the University of York.
- Ethiopia adopts one of the most progressive refugee policies in Africa, a smart move for its economy23 January 2019, Ventures Africa23 June 2017, BBC
- 25 January 2017, The Guardian27 July 2016, Foreign Policy
- 26 July 2016, The Guardian12 January 2016, Development and Cooperation
- 24 November 2015, The Guardian17 November 2015
- 9 July 2014, BBC Radio 5 live
Contact this member of staff