Judith is a specialist in financial market development for developing countries. She has more than two decades' experience as an investment banker at JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank and spent six years at SOAS where she was research assistant on the EU FESSUD project on financialisation, adjunct lecturer and completed a PhD in financial sector development.
She has also published books and articles relating to a wide variety of topics including the development of capital markets, financial instability risks, financial inclusion, insurance and co-partnering of public and private sectors in financing for development.
Clients have included the UN Economic Commission for Africa, DFID, UN-WIDER, the UN Commission for Latin America, the European Commission and a number of national development agencies.
Judith's research has received extensive media coverage, including on the BBC, CNBC Africa, the Financial Times, The Guardian, Reuters, Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal, as well as national media organisations in Africa and Asia.
- 20 November 2017, BBC World Service Trust16 November 2017, Public Finance International
- 31 October 20177 October 2016, Africa Confidential
- 22 September 2016, Financial Times (FT)22 July 2016, BBC
- 14 July 2016, Reuters2 June 2016, Financial Times (FT)
- 1 February 2016, BBC World Service TrustHow Fed Rate Hike Will Impact Africa: Ghana, South Africa, Angola Most Vulnerable With High Dollar Debt And Global Market Exposure12 December 2015, International Business Times (ibtimes.co.uk)
Contact this member of staff