Judith is a specialist in financial market development for developing countries. She has more than two decades' experience as an investment banker at JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank and spent six years at SOAS where she was research assistant on the EU FESSUD project on financialisation, adjunct lecturer and completed a PhD in financial sector development.
She has also published books and articles relating to a wide variety of topics including the development of capital markets, financial instability risks, financial inclusion, insurance and co-partnering of public and private sectors in financing for development.
Clients have included the UN Economic Commission for Africa, DFID, UN-WIDER, the UN Commission for Latin America, the European Commission and a number of national development agencies.
Judith's research has received extensive media coverage, including on the BBC, CNBC Africa, the Financial Times, The Guardian, Reuters, Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal, as well as national media organisations in Africa and Asia.
- 5 March 2018, Financial Times (FT)10 January 2018, African Business Magazine
- 5 January 2018, Thomson Reuters Foundation23 November 2017, Financial Times (FT)
- 21 November 2017, Public Finance International21 November 2017, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- 20 November 2017, BBC World Service Trust20 November 2017, BBC World Service Trust
- 16 November 2017, Public Finance International31 October 2017
Contact this member of staff