Before joining ODI in 2006, Marta gained practical policy experience, including as senior policy advisor in the Department of Development Policy of the Italian Treasury and as head of the Learning and Impact Assessment team at Save the Children UK and at Amnesty International. She has extensive country experience in West Africa, South, South East Asia and several European countries.
Marta’s blogs and opinion pieces have been published extensively, writing recently on human rights and development in the Independent. She has also featured widely in publications including Foreign Policy and Devex.
- Refugee crisis: Arrivals rocket in Italy amid warnings Turkey deal could force migrants on more dangerous routes30 March 2016, The Independent13 November 2015, Voice of America - http://www.voanews.com
- 6 October 2015, The Independent8 September 2015, Sky News
- 24 March 2014, Oxfam17 July 2013, Foreign Policy
- 12 July 2013, Foreign PolicyThe Africa Business Briefing May/June 2013: Offshore Centres, Financial Justice And Multinational Business24 June 2013, Royal African Society (RAS)
- 14 June 2013, Council on Foreign Relations12 June 2013, Huffington Post UK
Latest tweets from @martaforesti
Contact this member of staff