Before joining ODI in 2006, Marta gained practical policy experience, including as senior policy advisor in the Department of Development Policy of the Italian Treasury and as head of the Learning and Impact Assessment team at Save the Children UK and at Amnesty International. She has extensive country experience in West Africa, South, South East Asia and several European countries.
Marta’s blogs and opinion pieces have been published extensively, writing recently on human rights and development in the Independent. She has also featured widely in publications including Foreign Policy and Devex.
- 18 October 2016, CNBC Africa16 September 2016, Public Finance International
- Refugee crisis: Fences failing to stop asylum seekers arriving in Europe as migrants take covert routes8 September 2016, The IndependentRefugee crisis: Arrivals rocket in Italy amid warnings Turkey deal could force migrants on more dangerous routes30 March 2016, The Independent
- 13 November 2015, Voice of America - http://www.voanews.com6 October 2015, The Independent
- 8 September 2015, Sky News
- 17 July 2013, Foreign Policy12 July 2013, Foreign Policy
Latest tweets from @martaforesti
Contact this member of staff