Before joining ODI in 2006, Marta gained practical policy experience, including as senior policy advisor in the Department of Development Policy of the Italian Treasury and as head of the Learning and Impact Assessment team at Save the Children UK and at Amnesty International. She has extensive country experience in West Africa, South, South East Asia and several European countries.
Marta’s blogs and opinion pieces have been published extensively, writing recently on human rights and development in the Independent. She has also featured widely in publications including Foreign Policy and Devex.
- 22 November 2016, The Independent18 October 2016, CNBC Africa
- 16 September 2016, Public Finance InternationalRefugee crisis: Fences failing to stop asylum seekers arriving in Europe as migrants take covert routes8 September 2016, The Independent
- Refugee crisis: Arrivals rocket in Italy amid warnings Turkey deal could force migrants on more dangerous routes30 March 2016, The Independent13 November 2015, Voice of America - http://www.voanews.com
- 6 October 2015, The Independent8 September 2015, Sky News
- 24 March 2014, Oxfam17 July 2013, Foreign Policy
Latest tweets from @martaforesti
Contact this member of staff