Until April 2018 Marta was Managing Director at ODI and as a member of the ODI Senior leadership team she contributed to setting the institute's strategic agenda, priorities and goals. Marta also led ODI’s portfolio on governance, climate and natural resources. Her interests include the political economy of development and reform, migration and human mobility, natural resource management, conflict and fragility.
Before joining ODI she worked as a Senior Policy Adviser at the Italian Ministry of Finance where she advised the ministerial team on local development policies and programmes. She has over 20 years of research, policy formulation and delivery, as well as management experience and has an interest in applied social research methodologies and policy evaluation. She holds a master degrees in logic and philosophy of science from the London School of Economics and from Milan State University.
Marta’s blogs and opinion pieces have been published internationally. She has featured extensively in The Independant, CBNC, Foreign Policy and Devex.
- 6 July 2019, Al Jazeera5 March 2019, The Guardian
- Marta Foresti, Director of the Human Mobility Initiative speaks about Brexit (Parla Marta Foresti, direttrice Human Mobility Initiative di Overseas Development Institute)9 January 2019, Rai News21 December 2018, News Deeply
- 10 December 2018, The Guardian10 December 2018, BBC World Service Trust
- 10 December 2018, BBC World Service Trust18 November 2018, CPAC
- 12 June 2018, Financial Times (FT)
Latest tweets from @martaforesti
Contact this member of staff