Until April 2018 Marta was Managing Director at ODI and as a member of the ODI Senior leadership team she contributed to setting the institute's strategic agenda, priorities and goals. Marta also led ODI’s portfolio on governance, climate and natural resources. Her interests include the political economy of development and reform, migration and human mobility, natural resource management, conflict and fragility.
Before joining ODI she worked as a Senior Policy Adviser at the Italian Ministry of Finance where she advised the ministerial team on local development policies and programmes. She has over 20 years of research, policy formulation and delivery, as well as management experience and has an interest in applied social research methodologies and policy evaluation. She holds a master degrees in logic and philosophy of science from the London School of Economics and from Milan State University.
Marta’s blogs and opinion pieces have been published internationally. She has featured extensively in The Independant, CBNC, Foreign Policy and Devex.
- 14 November 2017, El Pais18 September 2017, Huffington Post
- 1 September 2017, EU Observer22 November 2016, The Independent
- 18 October 2016, CNBC Africa16 September 2016, Public Finance International
- Refugee crisis: Fences failing to stop asylum seekers arriving in Europe as migrants take covert routes8 September 2016, The IndependentRefugee crisis: Arrivals rocket in Italy amid warnings Turkey deal could force migrants on more dangerous routes30 March 2016, The Independent
- 13 November 2015, Voice of America6 October 2015, The Independent
Latest tweets from @martaforesti
Contact this member of staff