Before joining ODI in 2006, Marta was a senior policy advisor in the Department of Development Policy of the Italian Treasury and Head of the Learning and Impact Assessment team at Save the Children UK and at Amnesty International. She has extensive country experience in West Africa, South, South East Asia and several European countries.
Marta’s blogs and opinion pieces have been published internationally. She has featured extensively in The Indepedant, CBNC, Foreign Policy and Devex.
- 14 November 2017, El Pais18 September 2017, Huffington Post
- 1 September 2017, EU Observer22 November 2016, The Independent
- 18 October 2016, CNBC Africa16 September 2016, Public Finance International
- Refugee crisis: Fences failing to stop asylum seekers arriving in Europe as migrants take covert routes8 September 2016, The IndependentRefugee crisis: Arrivals rocket in Italy amid warnings Turkey deal could force migrants on more dangerous routes30 March 2016, The Independent
- 13 November 2015, Voice of America6 October 2015, The Independent
Latest tweets from @martaforesti
Contact this member of staff