Most recently, Ashley was a Research Fellow at ODI, where she led a multiyear project on humanitarian dialogue with armed groups and conducted extensive research on protection, civil-military relations, governance in fragile states and displacement. Additionally, she served as an advisor to the UK Parliament on Afghanistan. Prior to this, she spent several years working in Afghanistan with the UN and Oxfam as well on disaster recovery and response for the Red Cross in Southeast Asia. Ashley’s work has been published and quoted in various academic and media outlets, including Foreign Policy, Al Jazeera, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and others. She holds holds a BA from Sarah Lawrence College and a MSc in Gender and Development from the London School of Economics.
- 24 February 2019, BBC World Service Trust22 February 2019, Daily Mail
- 8 February 2019, Daily TimesHuawei caught in US–China fight. West Papua petition presented in Geneva. Venezuela’s leadership crisis. Taliban deal in Afghanistan.2 February 2019, The Saturday Paper
- 6 November 2018, Reuters2 November 2018, Business Standard
- 20 October 2018, Foreign Policy14 September 2018, Foreign Policy
- 12 September 2018, Foreign Policy26 August 2018, Al Jazeera
Contact this member of staff