Most recently, Ashley was a Research Fellow at ODI, where she led a multiyear project on humanitarian dialogue with armed groups and conducted extensive research on protection, civil-military relations, governance in fragile states and displacement. Additionally, she served as an advisor to the UK Parliament on Afghanistan. Prior to this, she spent several years working in Afghanistan with the UN and Oxfam as well on disaster recovery and response for the Red Cross in Southeast Asia. Ashley’s work has been published and quoted in various academic and media outlets, including Foreign Policy, Al Jazeera, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and others. She holds holds a BA from Sarah Lawrence College and a MSc in Gender and Development from the London School of Economics.
- 30 March 2020, The Washington Times26 March 2020, Radio Free Europe
- 28 February 2020, NBC21 February 2020, The Telegraph
- 15 February 2020, Le Figaro14 February 2020, Daily Mail
- 20 December 2019, NBC26 August 2019, Associated Press (AP)
- 13 July 2019, Merdeka16 May 2019, The Economist