Most recently, Ashley was a Research Fellow at ODI, where she led a multiyear project on humanitarian dialogue with armed groups and conducted extensive research on protection, civil-military relations, governance in fragile states and displacement. Additionally, she served as an advisor to the UK Parliament on Afghanistan. Prior to this, she spent several years working in Afghanistan with the UN and Oxfam as well on disaster recovery and response for the Red Cross in Southeast Asia. Ashley’s work has been published and quoted in various academic and media outlets, including Foreign Policy, Al Jazeera, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and others. She holds holds a BA from Sarah Lawrence College and a MSc in Gender and Development from the London School of Economics.
- 14 September 2018, Foreign Policy12 September 2018, Foreign Policy
- 26 August 2018, Al Jazeera12 August 2018, BBC World Service Trust
- 12 August 2018, BBC World Service Trust12 August 2018, BBC World Service Trust
- 21 June 2018, The Washington Post11 August 2016, rfi.fr
- 18 August 2015, Integrated Regional Information Networks
Contact this member of staff