Sherine El Taraboulsi-McCarthy
Sherine is a social historian with strong multidisciplinary experience combining the humanities and social sciences. Her research interests include state formation, social movements, state-society relations, peace-building and terrorism. She was a Weidenfeld-Hoffman scholar at the University of Oxford and a Visiting Scholar at the University of Naples. She holds a doctorate from the Department of International Development and St. Cross College, University of Oxford.
Sherine's research has received extensive media coverage, including in The Guardian, Public Finance International, The Independant and Open Democracy.
- 22 January 2021, United States Institute of Peace14 January 2021, World Magazine
- 4 December 2020, New Statesman30 March 2020, Thomson Reuters
- 24 October 2019, Business Insider7 December 2017, Al Jazeera
- 5 December 2017, World Magazine17 November 2017, Dewereldmorgen
- 9 August 2017, Open Democracy26 April 2017, Devex