Alina Rocha Menocal
Originally from Mexico, Alina is a Research Fellow in the Politics and Governance Programme with particular expertise on the challenges of democratisation, linkages between democracy and development, state-society relations and institutions and state-building.
Alina is currently on secondment at the Developmental Leadership Program at the University of Birmingham, where she is a Senior Research Fellow and Team Leader of the Elites and Political Settlements workstream.
At ODI, she has been involved in a series of projects and assignments that seek to bridge the gap between research and policy in thinking about governance issues from a political economy perspective. Alina has built a considerable body of publications on many of these issues, including numerous reports, (peer-reviewed) journal articles, briefing and working papers, and blogs. She also has substantial experience leading and managing projects.
While on secondment, Alina can be reached at: A.RochaMenocal@bham.ac.uk
- Overseas Development Institute Launches Report "Ghana, The Rising Star - Progress In Political Voice, Health And Education"21 March 2015, Modern Ghana8 April 2014, From Poverty to Power (FP2P)
- 4 December 2013, Oxfam
- 3 April 2013, Slovenia TV1 July 2012, Washington Post
- 29 February 2012, Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN)2 August 2011, AllAfrica.com
Latest tweets from @arochamenocal
- 02 SepPeña's decision to meet w Trump so misguided there must be a twist. What did he get in xΔ? (Trump) real estate to add to wife's collection?
- 17 JunRIP Jo Cox. We all lost s/t precious yesterday & have stared into abyss of intolerance. May her memory push us to be better.
Contact this member of staff