Jessica's research has focused on understanding how migration and other policies affect migrant decision-making, impacts of migration on migrants and their families, the interlinkages between migration and social protection, and remittances, covering a diverse range of countries, including Albania, Ethiopia and Nepal. She also has extensive experience in the design and analysis of household surveys, conducting systematic literature reviews and the analysis of social protection programmes and policies. Jessica holds a PhD in Public Policy from Maastricht University.
To request a copy of Jessica's CV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica Hagen-Zanker has extensive knowledge of migration, impacts of social protection and household surveys in low income countries. Jessica is available to comment on, in particular, recent migration to Europe and migrant decision-making. She has appeared in, for example, CBNC Africa, the Independent, BBC Nepal, Voice of America.
- 7 February 2017, World Economic Forum31 January 2017, Business Insider
- 9 March 2016, Gulf News (gulfnews.com)18 February 2016
- On refugees, Europe, preserving brains, China, Bernie Sanders, the Cleveland Browns, millennials - Letters to the editor18 February 2016, The Economist17 February 2016, Huffington Post UK
- 16 February 2016, Huffington PostRefugee crisis: Welfare cuts and anti-migration policies 'will not stop' asylum seekers coming to Europe - report10 February 2016, The Independent
- 10 February 2016, Huffington Post8 February 2016, Reuters
Contact this member of staff