Claire's work focuses on measuring poverty and inequality, and how to use these insights to improve policy and outcomes. She heads ODI's work on the post-2015 agenda, tracking political negotiations, co-leading the 'MY World' survey with UNDP and working on 'data revolution'.
Claire Melamed is the Director of Growth, Poverty and Inequality Programme at ODI. She was previously the Head of Policy at ActionAid UK. She has also worked for Christian Aid, the United Nations in Mozambique and taught at the University of London and the Open University. Claire's work focuses on measurement of poverty and inequality and on how to use the insights from measurement to improve policy and outcomes. She heads ODI's work on the post-2015 agenda, looking at sectoral and cross-cutting issues, tracking the political negotiations, co-leading the 'MY World' survey with UNDP and working on the 'data revolution'.
Claire has appeared in BBC TV, Al Jazeera and Sky News among others. She has also written extensively with her blogs featuring in the Guardian, World Politics Review, and Global Dashboards, in addition to participating in the Guardian podcast.
- 27 March 2016, The Guardian20 March 2016, El Pais
- 6 March 2016, El Pais4 March 2016, The Guardian
- 4 March 2016, BBC World Service Trust4 February 2016, CNBC Africa
- 3 February 2016, CNBC Africa1 January 2016, Radio 4 at the BBC
- 13 October 2015, The Guardian7 October 2015, The Guardian
Latest tweets from @clairemelamed
- 13 Julso for the next few minutes no Prime Minister here in the UK....
Contact this member of staff