Andrew Shepherd is the Director of CPAN. Andrew has now led the production of three Chronic Poverty Reports, and recently also contributed strongly to the IFAD 2011 Rural Poverty Report.
Previously director of the Chronic Poverty Research Centre, he has also worked on several large evaluations of anti-poverty policies and programmes. He has been a director of programmes at ODI and was previously a staff member of Unicef in Sudan as well as a lecturer and senior lecturer at Birmingham University. His major developing country experiences have been in Ghana, India, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
- 11 October 2020, nrc.nl21 April 2020, The Guardian
- 25 March 2020, The Guardian17 May 2019, Foreign Policy
- 16 October 2013, Sveriges Radio - http://sverigesradio.se27 October 2009, The Times of India
- 25 September 200825 September 2008, The Guardian
- 25 September 2008, The Guardian15 August 2008, Inter Press News Service (IPS)