After graduating with degrees in geography and development studies in 2010, Rich worked full-time at ODI for nearly seven years. He left in 2017 as a Research Fellow. During his time at ODI, Rich concentrated primarily on the Secure Livelihoods Research Consortium – a cross-country programme exploring state-building, service delivery and livelihoods in conflict-affected situations – but also contributed to the Institute's work on migration and displacement .
Richard Mallett has extensive knowledge of the health systems in West Africa and he has commented on the Ebola outbreak in a piece by Global Post.
- 9 March 2016, Gulf News (gulfnews.com)20 February 2016, The Economist
- 18 February 2016On refugees, Europe, preserving brains, China, Bernie Sanders, the Cleveland Browns, millennials - Letters to the editor18 February 2016, The Economist
- 17 February 2016, Huffington Post UK16 February 2016, Huffington Post
- Refugee crisis: Welfare cuts and anti-migration policies 'will not stop' asylum seekers coming to Europe - report10 February 2016, The Independent10 February 2016, Huffington Post
- 8 February 2016, Reuters5 November 2015, Al Jazeera
Latest tweets from @rich_mallett
Contact this member of staff