From 2006-2011 Shelagh worked for Camco, a carbon project developer, on the origination, execution and financing of carbon projects covering a range of low carbon technologies in Asia, Africa, and North and South America. Shelagh was the Chair of the Carbon Markets and Investors Association (CMIA) Voluntary Market stream, and Vice-Chair of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Gold Standard (for carbon credits). From 2004-2006 Shelagh was a Project Manager with The Climate Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing business and government leadership on climate change. Shelagh has a Masters Degree in International Environmental Policy and Finance from the Fletcher School at Tufts University in the United States, and a Combined Honours BSc in Biology and International Development Studies from Dalhousie University in Canada.
Shelagh Whitley is an expert on climate finance and fossil fuel subsidies. She has appeared in, for example, The Independent, The Economist, CNBC, Russia Today, BBC and Die Welt (Germany).
- 15 February 2017, The Independent18 November 2016, The Guardian
- 30 August 2016, Public Finance International30 August 2016, The Guardian
- 27 May 2016, Public Finance International27 May 2016, The Guardian
- 19 November 2015, CNBC Africa16 November 2015, Washington Post
- 16 November 2015, Нефть России
Contact this member of staff