From 2006 - 2011 Shelagh worked for Camco, a carbon project developer, on the origination, execution and financing of carbon projects covering a range of low carbon technologies in Asia, Africa, and North and South America. Shelagh was the Chair of the Carbon Markets and Investors Association (CMIA) Voluntary Market stream, and Vice-Chair of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Gold Standard (for carbon credits).
From 2004 - 2006 Shelagh was a Project Manager with The Climate Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing business and government leadership on climate change. Shelagh has a Masters Degree in International Environmental Policy and Finance from the Fletcher School at Tufts University in the United States, and a Combined Honours BSc in Biology and International Development Studies from Dalhousie University in Canada.
Shelagh Whitley is an expert on climate finance and fossil fuel subsidies. She has been featured extensively in The Guardian, The Independent, The Economist, CNBC, Russia Today, BBC and Die Welt (Germany).
- 25 January 2018, Business Standard19 December 2017, IPP Media
- 15 December 2017, Public Finance International13 December 2017, Climate Change News
- 11 December 2017, CNN5 December 2017, Six Degrees News
- 3 December 2017, Swarajya Magazine1 December 2017, Business Daily
- 27 November 2017, Climate Change Action16 November 2017, The Guardian
Contact this member of staff