From 2006 - 2011 Shelagh worked for Camco, a carbon project developer, on the origination, execution and financing of carbon projects covering a range of low carbon technologies in Asia, Africa, and North and South America. Shelagh was the Chair of the Carbon Markets and Investors Association (CMIA) Voluntary Market stream, and Vice-Chair of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Gold Standard (for carbon credits).
From 2004 - 2006 Shelagh was a Project Manager with The Climate Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing business and government leadership on climate change. Shelagh has a Masters Degree in International Environmental Policy and Finance from the Fletcher School at Tufts University in the United States, and a Combined Honours BSc in Biology and International Development Studies from Dalhousie University in Canada.
Shelagh Whitley is an expert on climate finance and fossil fuel subsidies. She has been featured extensively in The Guardian, The Independent, The Economist, CNBC, Russia Today, BBC and Die Welt (Germany).
- 4 June 2018, BBC4 June 2018, EurActiv
- 4 June 2018, Reuters25 January 2018, Business Standard
- 19 December 2017, IPP Media15 December 2017, Public Finance International
- 13 December 2017, Climate Change News11 December 2017, CNN
- 5 December 2017, Six Degrees News3 December 2017, Swarajya Magazine
Contact this member of staff