Annalisa has widely published in peer-reviewed journals, edited books and research reports on aid allocation, international cooperation, external debt sustainability and development finance. She has led teams advising strategy departments in several bilateral and multilateral development agencies and banks in these areas. She has worked in many countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, South East-Asia, the Pacific and Latin America.
Before joining ODI, Annalisa was an economist and policy analyst in academic institutions and international organisations (OECD and World Bank Group). She holds a PhD in Economics and Public Finance with a focus on external debt sustainability in low-income countries.
Annalisa is a member of the World Economic Forum Global Future Council on Infrastructure and of on the Council of the Development Study Association (DSA).
- 1 May 2020, The TimesCoronavirus diplomacy: How Covid-19 triggers international tension due to pills, masks, and various accusations13 April 2020, BBC World Service
- 13 December 2019, Public Finance International22 November 2019, OECD Development Centre
- 14 March 2019, Money Control18 February 2019, dw.de
- China in Africa: Good lenders, bad lenders (China in Afrika: Gute Kreditgeber, schlechte Kreditgeber)15 February 2019, Focus.de8 January 2019, Bloomberg
- 20 April 2016, Daily Nation19 April 2016, Public Finance International