Andrew Scott is a Research Fellow in the Climate Change, Environment and Forests programme. His main research interests are energy access for poverty reduction and the role of energy in sustainable livelihoods and in the transition to low-carbon development pathways.
He has 30 years' experience in international development policy and practice in East and Southern Africa, South Asia and Latin America, and began his career as an ODI Fellow in Botswana. His experience includes financial and socio-economic analysis, monitoring and evaluation, project/programme formulation and planning, and research, in the areas of technology innovation and use in small-scale production, small enterprises and the environment, energy poverty and policy, the development impacts of new technologies, and science and technology in development.
Andrew has an educational background in economics, but has worked across the social sciences. Before joining ODI he was for many years at Practical Action, an international NGO which aims to help eradicate poverty through the development and use of technology.
Andrew's reports have been covered extensively. He has featured prominently in The Independant and The Guardian.
- 17 November 2017, PV Magazine16 November 2017, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 11 August 2017, The Independent11 August 2017, The Guardian
- 24 February 2016, Le Monde.fr2 February 2016, Daily Nation
- 29 October 2015, The Guardian12 September 2014, AllAfrica.com
- 9 July 2014, AllAfrica.com7 July 2014, SciDev.Net: Science and Development Network
Latest tweets from @Andrew_W_Scott
Contact this member of staff