Sara is a member of the UN Peace Building Fund’s Advisory Group and serves on the High-Level Group on Humanitarian Investing and the Global Future Council on the Humanitarian System of the World Economic Forum (WEF). She is the Managing Editor of Disasters journal, Vice-Chair of the Board of Muslim Aid and a Trustee of The New Humanitarian (formerly IRIN News). She has served on a range of executive and advisory boards, including SOS Sahel, Oxford University’s Refugee Studies Centre and the UN Association of the UK.
Sara was a member of the Independent Team of Advisers established in 2016 by the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) to formulate recommendations on the long-term positioning of the UN Development System.
She previously led a high-profile UN response in Sudan’s Nuba Mountains, headed the Peace Building Unit in UNDP Sudan, acted as an observer at the IGAD Sudan peace process and lectured at the University of Dar es Salaam. She holds a PhD in Politics and International Studies from the University of Leeds and has written extensively on conflict, livelihoods and humanitarian affairs.
Sara Pantuliano is an expert on Sudan and South Sudan and global humanitarian issues. She is available to comment, in particular, on humanitarian crises, political transitions, aid worker security, counter-terrorism legislation and negotiations with armed groups. Sara has appeared on BBC TV, Al Jazeera, New York Times, USA Today, RFI (France), CBC (Canada), Sky News, AFT, Reuters, Sudan Vision, and The Nation (Kenya), among others. Her op-eds and blogs have been published widely.
- 19 June 2020, Vatican News18 June 2020, Toui Tre News Vietnam
- 17 June 2020, Liguria Notizie
- 16 June 2020, Climate Change NewsCovid-19 threatens migrant women and girls in Latin America - By Natalia Cintra, Jean Grugel and Pia Riggirozzi6 June 2020, Nodal (Noticas de America Latina y el Caribe)
- 13 May 2020, Think Global Health16 April 2020, Open Democracy
- 23 January 2020, Thomson Reuters23 January 2020, Gulf News (gulfnews.com)