Katie specialises in disaster risk management, climate change, resilience and conflict. She has worked extensively across Asia, the Pacific and Africa.
Katie Peters (nee Harris) has extensive experience in the field of disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, emergency preparedness, conflict sensitivity, and the intersection with sustainable development. Her background includes research into the concept of resilience, disaster risk reduction in fragile and conflict affected states, climate change and conflict, and the securitisation of climate change. Katie has worked as a researcher, practitioner and technical advisor. Her work includes supporting the governments of the UK, Australia, Switzerland and Japan. Over the last 10 years Katie has worked with a range of UN agencies and the UN Inter-Agency Standing Committee, the World Bank, UNISDR, and NGOs such as Plan International, Christian Aid, Action Aid, CARE International and Saferworld.
- 25 September 2015, World Economic Forum blog8 May 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 1 May 2015, BBC News (news.bbc.co.uk) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news29 April 2015, The Guardian
- 26 April 2015, Sky News26 April 2015, BBC World News -
- 4 March 2014, Thomson Reuters Foundation3 March 2014, Huffington Post UK
- 22 August 2013, Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN)
Latest tweets from @katiepetersodi
Contact this member of staff