Throughout her time at ODI, Katie has been Deputy Director of a Knowledge Manager for a £100+ million resilience investment, Director of the Advancing Integration initiative, and principle researcher for a multitude of policy-orientated research projects aiming to advance our collective understanding of the intersection of disasters, resilience, poverty, climate change, security, fragility and conflict.
Over the last 15 years Katie has provided technical advice to the UK, Australia, Switzerland and Japan, worked with a range of UN agencies and the World Bank, coordinated over 120 non-governmental organisations through the BRACED network, and worked in the field for NGOs such CARE International and Saferworld – across East Africa, the Sahel and South and South-East Asia.
- 12 November 2017, Thomson Reuters Foundation25 September 2017, The Economist
- 30 August 2017, Huffington PostIGNITE stage at the Global Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction, ‘Disaster risk reduction funding and practice in difficult environments'26 May 2017, United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) (http://eird.org/)
- 19 May 2017, Thomson Reuters Foundation23 January 2017, The Guardian
- 13 December 2016, Thomson Reuters Foundation12 October 2016, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 25 September 2015, World Economic Forum blog8 May 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Latest tweets from @katiepetersodi
Contact this member of staff