Susan Nicolai is Head of ODI's Development Progress, a project which aims to better understand what works in development and why. She works with researchers across the institute to delve more deeply into questions around measurement, political economy and financing of development, and explore how lessons feed into post-2015 debates.
Susan Nicolai is Head of ODI's Development Progress, a project which aims to better understand what works in development and why. Drawing on expertise across the institute, this research features a series of case studies exploring how countries have advanced in areas such as health, education, environment, political voice, employment, material wellbeing, social cohesion and security as well as exploring how lessons feed into post-2015 debates. Further analysis takes this and other evidence to delve more deeply into questions around measurement, political economy and financing of development. Susan has previously worked with the UN SRSG on Children and Armed Conflict, Save the Children, UNICEF and UNESCO. Her own policy work and research has focused on basic services – particularly education. She has worked in a number of countries around the globe, particularly fragile states and crisis affected countries.
- 14 June 2016, The Guardian18 March 2016, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 25 September 2015, Devex25 September 2015, Geographical
- 22 September 2015, Public Finance International22 September 2015, BBC World News -
- 21 September 2015, Thomson Reuters Foundation20 September 2015, The Guardian
- 7 July 2015, Devex9 December 2014, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Latest tweets from @susan_nicolai
Contact this member of staff