It has been drawn to our attention that ODI's name has been abused in relation to some email scams and other fraudulent or inappropriate conduct. Scam emails try to persuade the email receiver to submit personal information or to part with money, with the promise of later payments or prizes in return.
If you receive unsolicited emails purporting to be from ODI, and have doubts as to their authenticity, do not provide any personal details or pay any money over to the person who sent the email. Please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that ODI can verify the email or warn users of the scam.
Examples of scams using ODI's name - most recent first (click for PDF copy of emails being sent out)
- David Kings - Poverty and Public Policy Group (email@example.com, HollywoodLady50@aol.com)
- It has come to our attention that ODI research on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD+), under the REDD-net project, is being referred to as the source of REDD credit price information by a carbon trading company, Coactive Trading. ODI’s research on REDD+ does not estimate a future price for REDD credits, nor does it give market information on the current state of the REDD market and is being misquoted by this company to support their business objectives.
- Mr. Cole Fred - Poverty and Public Policy Group (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr.Larry Pham - Poverty and Public Policy Group (email@example.com)
- Steven Gerald
- James Nupp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Workman (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Harrison Wyngate email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using Craigslist
- Dr. Steven Vargas (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), searching for a Payment Representative in North America.
- James Cummings (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reply ASAP - Frank Jackson (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- David Knowles - claiming to be hiring manager for the 'Overseas Developement Group', offering a position as his Payment Representative for the United States.
- Mark Tucker (email@example.com) - claiming to be with the Board of Directors / Trustee Group at MRI Kansas City Facilities34, 425 Volker Boulevard, Kansas City, Missouri 64110-2241
- Scott Weber - taxi service
- Further response... - Scott Weber / Roland Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Further response... - Scott Weber (email@example.com)
- Adhere To This And Get Back To Us ASAP!!! - Rawlins Morgan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- OPPORTUNITY (email@example.com) - Kelvin Moore
- Possible scam using the name of former ODI staff member - Sven Grimm - treat all emails with caution and forward on to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
- Employment Offer (Part Time Job) - "Mark Stubsen"
- Possible scam involving the names "James Nupp" and "Steven Nupp" (email@example.com) - no further details available.
- Possible scam involving the names "Edward Davis"
- Vacancy...(Part-time Job) - "Reuben Horner"
- Employment Offer (Part Time Job) - "James Harrison"
- ONLINE PART TIME JOB***GET BACK IF INTERESTED*** - "David Coleman"
- JOB OPPORTUNITY - "Charles Conrad"
- Part Time Job OfferEarn 7001000 Weekly - "David Williams"