Linda works on trade, investment and economic transformation. She has focussed on trade facilitation and export-led manufacturing in East Africa, on the role of trade policy in promoting industrialisation and on the economic transformation impact of foreign investment in Myanmar. In particular, she is interested in the role of China in developing countries.
Prior to joining, Linda was working as a consultant for the Economic Policy and Strategy Practice at Maxwell Stamp PLC, where she managed the company’s projects on trade negotiations and access to finance in East and West Africa, as well as Central Asia.
Linda worked as country economist for the International Growth Centre, Rwanda. Based in Kigali, she worked on the programme’s portfolio in the areas of trade and regional integration, tax policy and administration, and urbanisation.
Linda started her career as an ODI Fellow for the Ministry of African Community Affairs, Uganda, where she supported the implementation of the regional integration agenda and she provided research inputs to the policy processes.
She has also worked for the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations.
- 23 December 2020, South China Morning Post9 December 2020, AllAfrica.com
- 9 December 2020, Les Echos9 December 2020, China Times
- 8 December 2020, Financial Times (FT)28 November 2020, China Africa Project
- 10 November 2020, Welternährung30 September 2020, cssn.cn
- 12 June 2020, The Diplomat2 June 2020, The Diplomat